There are a number of options when looking at hosting your email in 2023, but of all of them, we recommend using Google Workspace for your email hosting.
There are several benefits to using Google Workspace (formerly known as G Suite) for your email hosting. The major one is the reliability and security of the Google infrastructure. Your emails will be stored on Google servers with world-class security and backup systems, so you won’t have to worry about downtime or losing important messages. Additionally, Google Workspace offers advanced security features such as two-factor authentication (2FA) and excellent spam filtering to help protect your emails and keep your inbox tidy. Nice!
Benefits of using Google Workspace include:
- Your email can be accessed on multiple devices, keeping all devices synchronized.
- High reliability, ensuring that you never miss an email.
- Excellent spam filtering using Google’s robust spam detection system.
- Guaranteed uptime of 99.9%.
- Additional security options for added protection.
- A user-friendly Gmail interface that can be accessed on desktop and mobile devices (or you can use an email client like Outlook).
Ease of setup
The good news, setting up a domain email in Google Workspace is relatively easy, and can typically be done in just a few steps. The even better news is that we can take care of all of this for you.
- Your Domain Name: If you don’t already have one, you will need to purchase a domain name. You can do this via a domain registrar such as hover, GoDaddy, Namecheap, or Google Domains.
- Sign up for Google Workspace: Next, you will need to sign up for Google Workspace and choose a plan that meets your needs. You can choose from a range of plans, including basic, business, and enterprise. (More on that below)
- Verify your domain: Once you have signed up for Google Workspace and chosen a plan, you will need to verify that you own the domain that you want to use for your email. This is typically done by adding a TXT or CNAME record to your domain’s DNS settings.
- Set up email addresses: After your domain has been verified, you can set up email addresses for your domain using the Google Workspace admin console. You can create email addresses for individual users, as well as shared email addresses for teams or departments.
- Configure email client: Finally, you will need to configure an email client (such as Microsoft Outlook, Apple Mail, or Thunderbird) to send and receive email from your new domain email addresses. Google Workspace provides instructions and support for configuring a range of email clients.
Setting up a domain email in Google Workspace is fairly straightforward, and Google provides a range of resources and support to help you get up and running quickly, but if you’d rather us just set it up for you we can totally arrange that.
How much does it cost?
The cost of Google Workspace depends on the plan you choose. There are three main plans to choose from: Basic; Business; and Enterprise. The Basic plan costs AUD $8.40 per user per month and includes features such as business email, video conferencing, and online storage. The Business plan starts at AUD $16.80 per user per month and includes all of the features of the Basic plan, as well as additional security and management tools. The Enterprise plan is customized to the needs of each business and includes all of the features of the Business plan, as well as advanced controls and support.
Take a look at the Google Workspace pricing page to see the most up-to-date pricing information and to learn more about the features included in each plan.
What else do you get
Apart from the convenience of having all of your communication tools in one place. With Google Workspace, you can access your emails, calendar, and chat all from a single platform, which can make it easier to stay organized and communicate with your team. You also get access to a range of productivity tools that can help you get more done in less time. For example, you can use Google Docs to collaborate on documents in real-time with your team, or use Google Sheets to create and share spreadsheets.
To Sum up
Overall, using Google Workspace for your email hosting in 2023 is super easy to set up on all your devices, super secure, will help you communicate more effectively with your team, and can even help you to stay super organized and productive. To us, it’s a no-brainer.