Having a Google My Business profile optimised for local search can be extremely beneficial for your small business. First and foremost, it allows you to be easily found on Google Maps and in Google’s local search results. This is especially important for businesses that rely on foot traffic, as it makes it easier for customers actually find your shop front or physical address.
A Google My Business profile also allows you to manage your online presence and control how your business appears to customers. You can add photos, business hours, contact information, and a description of your business to your profile, which helps customers learn more about your business and what you have to offer.
Another benefit of a Google My Business profile is that it allows you to connect with customers by responding to reviews and answering questions. This can help improve the customer experience and build trust in your business.
A Google My Business profile is a simple and effective way for small businesses to improve their online presence and reach more customers.
Getting started with local search
Getting started with Google My Business (GMB) is a relatively straightforward process. Below are a few tips to get you up and running with your local search setup:
- Go to the Google My Business website (https://www.google.com/business/) and click on the “Start now” button.
- Sign in with your Google account. If you don’t have one, you can create a free one.
- Enter your business name and address. If your business has a physical location that customers can visit, you’ll need to enter the address.
- Choose a category for your business. This will help Google understand what type of business you have and which search results to display your business in.
- Verify your business. Google will send you a postcard with a verification code to the address you provided, it can take a week or two to arrive, so make sure that you will be around to receive it. Once you have the postcard enter the verification code on the Google My Business website to complete the verification process. It’s worth noting that the postcard needs to be sent to a physical address. Not a post office box.
- Fill out your details to complete your profile. Once your business has been verified, you can add additional details such as photos, business hours, and a description of your products or services, you can even use it to write posts like a blog.
That’s it! With a few simple steps, you can set up a Google My Business profile, start managing your online presence, and help your customers find you with local search. Et voila!